Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Duggar's have been blessed.....

yet again! They are expecting their 19th child in March of 2010. With all of the negative talk and comments that can be found on the internet about this precious family, I wanted to take a few minutes to say something positive!

So, why do I think this news is so exciting and so wonderful? Well first of all because all children are a blessing and they should be celebrated as such. Other than that....it's not really because of the NUMBER of children they have. This news has me tickled pink because during an economic time when most people would never consider a family this size, the Duggars are sticking by their convictions and letting God continue to control the size of their family.....and I for one think it is a wonderful testimony.

Now I know what you're thinking....the economy isn't really effecting them...they have their own show and plenty of money, right? Well I for one believe they would still be standing by their convictions if they never had a show and the bigger beautiful home they now have. In fact, if they lost it all tomorrow, I doubt they would change their stance on God controlling the womb.

I also think that after having this many children most women would be ready to throw in the towel (actually most wouldn't consider having this many in the first place but I digress). Pregnancy is very difficult for a great number of women....morning sickness, weight gain, varicose veins, etc. etc. Then once the little blessings arrive their is loss of sleep and more dying to self for years to come. Let's face it....most women are far to selfish to have 19 children! But not Michelle Duggar. She is more than happy to be His willing vessel.....to die to self and live for Christ.....to ignore the comments and opinions of a negative, sinful world and declare that her body is not her own, she has been bought with a price, and she will continue to bring forth children for the glory of God, so long as he continues to bless. I applaud their faith and their willingness to live out their testimony before all the naysayers.

Obviously I love this family and can't say enough positive things about them. Please don't think that I see them as perfect. Pshhh....there is no such thing. However, I would like to close with a challenging thought. I'm sure many, many people think that if the Duggars didn't have the financial blessings they currently have, and that big beautiful home that they would have decided to quit obeying God in the area of family size by now. Let's consider another point of view shall we? Isn't it possible that they have gotten more financially etc. BECAUSE of their obedience to God in this area? I'm inclined to believe that's the reason.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Great post. I am always so encouraged by the Duggars. I read their book, and leaned that they once had five children and lived in a house that was less than 900 square ft, and they still maintained their convictions to welcome any further children as a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angie! Thanks for stopping by. I have also read and own the Duggar's book and find it to be a great inspiration. It's nice to hear from someone else who loves them instead of putting them down and saying such hateful, negative things about them.

    ReplyDelete