Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A peek at new life

I finally made it in to the doctor to have my first appointment of this pregnancy. You know the routine ladies, right? They give you a cup to...well you know : ). Then they lead you to the room, take the vitals, and leave after handing you a very immodest gown and asking you to get completely undressed. I absolutely dread that part of the first visit. However, I was looking forward to the sonogram I knew I would be getting. I wanted to see that everything was okay and going as expected.

After the humiliating exam (ick...did I mention I don't like that part?) my doctor says "okay...lets take a look on ultrasound". When you've had as many little ones as I have, you've probably had a lot of ultrasounds. You pretty much know what to expect and what to look for. As I expected, everything looked just the way a growing baby should look at this point in my pregnancy. What I am NEVER prepared for is how incredibly wonderful and amazing it is to SEE that new little life that God created....with the tiny limbs and beating heart. Even with my 8th baby, I found myself staring in awe at what the Lord has done, and is still doing, with the new life growing inside of me. Tears sprang to my eyes as I watched the screen and looked on in wonder of what the Lord had planned for this tiny new life. It is amazing to think that the Lord already knows everything about this new person He has created....the number of hairs on his/her head, and the number of times that heart will beat. What an awesome creator we serve.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know what you mean about those exams; I've done all that, except the sonogram (never been pregnant). Since the doctors are women, though, I really don't mind that much; they're so reassuring and gentle with hands and words that the main feeling I have is one of protection. Thank God for women doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to a very special book, just for you :) http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Waters-Regina-Doman/dp/1928832814/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275430117&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete