Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Homeschooling decisions and like-minded friends

My head has been reeling this week just thinking about our next homeschool year. There are so many things to evaluate and decisions to be made. What do we know works for sure?.....Do we have time for this?.....Is this what the Lord would have us spend our time studying? The list goes on and on. In the midst of the whirlwind of catalogs and choices my sweet Lord sent a time of refreshing my way!

I was able to talk with my sweet sister in Christ for about 45 minutes on Wednesday. That may sound like no big deal to most people but for my friend and I, that is quite an accomplishment! We are both very busy moms with large families and 45 minutes on the phone is A LOT of time out of our day. It's so nice to be able to talk to someone who is walking the same path and who has the same basic convictions, beliefs, and goals for their family. She and I are in some ways different and in others just alike. It is in those "just alike" areas that I seem to have a very hard time finding any like-minded fellowship. So to be able to chat and bounce around ideas with someone who gets what I'm saying and who has some of the same scheduling problems (i.e. tons of kids...lol) is a tremendous blessing to me.

We were able to share curriculum and scheduling ideas, discipline methods, sheltering concerns, etc. Did we figure everything out? Not by a long shot. But we did end our conversation with prayer and a promise to talk again soon. When we said goodbye and I hung up the phone, I thanked the Lord for the confidence he had given me through this conversation. My strong hope is that my dear sister was as blessed as I was : )

No comments:

Post a Comment