Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Surrending to God's will

Do you ever have the feeling God is waiting on you to do something? We are always asking Him to solve this, fix that, take care of this list....but the longer I walk with the Lord the more I am convinced that sometimes He is waiting on us. Perhaps He has laid something on your heart that takes a real act of faith...or maybe he has revealed something to you in His word that you can't seem to obey. I have come to believe that in order for some problems to be fixed in our lives, we may have to step out in faith first and just do what He has asked us to do....and THEN the blessing or answer will come.

Over and over again I have found myself waiting for the Lord to move in situations in my life.....to end a trial or suffering of some kind. After all, He often uses difficult situations to change us....to shape us on His potters wheel. If we will just trust Him and walk holy and righteous before Him....if we will just surrender to Him in total obedience....won't he be faithful to take care of the rest? I'm certain that he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment